to Log Index
Task: Started the W-716 aileron pushrods
I took an hour to work on the aileron bellcrank pushrods today.
I started by cutting the pushrod into two 65.78125" lengths.
I then drew a 1.125" circle in AutoCad with 3 lines going
through it, 60 degrees apart. I printed it full scale and
then just marked up on the push rods. I used a Center-It jig
mounted on the drill press to drill the holes all the way
through the pushrods. Worked out great! Finally I had to use
my ScotchBrite wheel to sand down the edge of the VA-111 rod
ends so they would have a snug fit inside the pushrods. Once
they fit, I match-drilled and opened the holes up to #30.
Finally, I cleaned up all the parts and will prime them the
next time I have the gun out.