to Log Index
Task: Mounted flaps and ailerons
are in finish-the-wings mode now! We got the ailerons set
in their neutral position and flaps postioned, drilled, and
riveted in place.
first mounted the ailerons to the wings per the instructions.
I realized that we could have used a set of washer wrenches.
We then bolted the aileron pushrod to the bellcrank and through
the neutral jig. Following the tooling holes on the end rib,
we slowely adjusted the bellcrank rod-ends untill the ailerons
were perfectly in-trail.
the ailerons were locked in their netural position, we attached
the flap hinge to the one already riveted on the flap, and
then clamped to the wing using 2 c-clamps. I used a piece
of 3/16 balsa from the local hobby shop to set the horizonal
position (gap between aileron and flap). Once clamped in place
we used a level to ensure the flaps were in at the same level
as the ailerons.
Next we drilled all of the
holes, inboard to outboard, with clecos in every hole.
One finished assembly!