Trevor & Dewey's RV-7 Construction Log
 
 

Wings

Back to Log Index

Date: 5/12/2010
Time:
4.0
Task: Drilled AOA ports in leading edges and prepped leading edges for priming


Today I was able to drill the holes for the upper and lower AOA ports. I will be using the AOA system from Advanced Flight Systems.

I made a template in AutoCAD and used it to mark the location of the holes on the top and bottom of the leading edge.






I then removed the right leading edge from the wing skeleton to prep for priming. I removed the plastic from the rivet lines and hole/edge deburred.




Here the right leading edge has been deburred and scuffed with a scothbrite pad.




I then moved onto the ribs where I deburred and dimpled all the holes. I also drilled the holes for the DuckWorks leading edge landing/taxi lights.




Next I drilled the nutplate holes in the W-423 splice plate. I also deburred and dimpled it.




Lastly, I enlarged the tie-down hole to 3/8"