to Log Index
Task: Assembled aileron bellcranks, finished
wing walk doublers, started aileron brackets.
I placed an order for a Longeron Yoke and several hundred
more 3/32" clecos so can't do much more with the main
wing skeleton until the order arrives. I thought I'd work
on a few odds and ends by getting the hardware and bushings
in place for the WD-421 bellcranks. I had to ream the brass
bushings 1/4" and cut the aluminum bushings to 1 1/16"
out of AT6-058x5/16. I then put all of the required bolts,
washers, and nuts in place for future assembly with the wing.
Also finished the left W-727 wing walk doubler.
Next I fabricated the two W-423 joint plates out of AS3-032x1.5x36.5.
I marked down 1/2" from the top which will eventually
line up with the inboard rivet line of the leading edge skins.
Today concluded with assembly of the aileron attach brackets.
I got all the parts clecod together, deburred, final drilled,
and ready for primer. I'll have lots of parts to prime once
the leading edges are final drilled and disassembled.