Trevor & Dewey's RV-7 Construction Log


Back to Log Index

Date: 12/31/2009
Task: Riveted ribs to spars and assembled left leading edge

Big day in the workshop today! I built the leading edge jig and then covered the edges with red aircraft duct tape with a small piece of foam on the bottom.

Then all of the ribs were clecod onto the skin. It takes some muscle to get everything aligned.

Looks like the outboard half of the leading edge!

Then we moved onto riveting the ribs to the main wing spars. It took a 3x rivet gun at approx 100psi to do the job.

All of the ribs (except the outboard most one) have been riveted to the main spar. The aft spar was then clecod into position and

Here is Dewey hand squeezing the rivets on the rear spar. We couldnt do the bottom rivets due to the lack of a longeron yoke for my hand squeezer. Time to send another order to Avery!