to Log Index
Task: Control System
I was able to sneak a few hours in. I found the smaller diameter
elevator pushrod was too short. It was made per the plans, however
the rod-ends had to be screwed out so far that they were beyond
the half-way point, meaning if the rod itself turned in one
direction or the other, eventually one of the rod-ends could
become disconnected completely. Not something I'm willing to
risk. So I've ordered two new rod-ends and the rod itself. I
found it needs to be 47" long, about an inch longer than
the plans specify.
also riveted the F-601PP brake fitting doubler-plate onto the
firewall and installed the 90 degree elbow AN fitings.