to Log Index
Task: Continued work on the emp
evening we installed all of the rivets through the side skin,
into the longerons on the rear deck. I'm not sure why the fuse
didn't come this way already, as there was no need to get in
there, other than the rear F-712 bulkhead to install the tailwheel
weldment. After setting all of the rivets, we drilled the #30
hole through the aft most elevator control horn as per the plans.
I'm going to machine a precision aluminum block at work tomorrow
to drill the other elevator. Tonight we also found that the
down elevator stop was incorrectly manufactured by the quickbuilders.
It sticks out far to much only allowing 5 degrees of down travel.
Up travel was measured as 35 degrees, per the spec.