to Log Index
Task: Finished the canopy frame
Today I worked on finishing up the canopy frame. I started by
first clamping the F-732A channel to the F-732D angle and drilled
4 evenly spaced holes. Next
I clamped the F-732E angles to the F-732A/F-732D subassembly
and match-drilled through F-732A. Description continues below
Here I'm drilling the F-732A to the F-732D angle which has already
been riveted to the aft frame.
I then clamped and drilled the holes through the F-732E into
F-732A and the rear frame.
I then squeezed the rivets so the aft frame could be riveted
onto the forward part of the frame I completed yesterday.
I didn't take any pictures of it but here is the completed frame
after pop riveting it to the forward half. It then clecod the
F-732A channel to the frame.
The next task was to set the 8 AN425AD4-6 rivets on F-732F to
F-732A. The aft most 8 rivets go through the top skin, gusset,
F-706 rib, and then this assembly.
Last thing I did today was clamp the F-631C to the outside of
each channel, and then clamp the F-631D to the inside. The F-631D
overlaps, providing a spacer where the longeron goes. There
are 2 keeper rivet holes I drilled #40.
After drilling and deburring, I set the 2 AN426AD3-8 rivets
on each set of angles.
Here is the
canopy frame temporarily clecod in place. \ F-732A has been
clecod to the top skin, but the bottom of the frame still has
not been drilled.
Forward view. Looking like an airplane fueselage!