to Log Index
Task: Started on the roll bar.
I started on the canopy roll bar assembly. There were several
parts to fabricate so I did as much as I could with a band
saw. We are still waiting for a new blade to arrive.
F-631E splice plates were already cut to size so I marked
and drilled one, and then clamped the second one behind the
first, and match-drilled.
I measured and marked the cut lines on the large F-631C/D
angles. I also drilled some of the rivet holes since I didn't
need the part to be cut to do so.
I found some scrap angles from the seat-backs and marked the
F-732D/E angles. These will be used to secure the U-channel
crossmember from the roll bar to the back F-706 bulkhead.
Lastly I found the two F-631A channels which will serve as
the rear half. I measured and drilled a pilot hole for the
2" hole that needs to be drilled. The holes allows a
socket access to the two bolts which secure the roll-bar assembly
down to the F-705 bulkhead.